Ideal and Keston

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal own Keston. The Ideal combis are identical to the Ideal Logic, except the Keston uses a twin pipe flue system.

Why do many castigate Keston, yet laud Ideal?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Because Ideal only brought Keston a few years ago. Before that Keston boilers weren't the best boilers you could fit.

2006. Ok it takes a time to absorb into the fold. But still Keston get a bad rep.

BTW, about 30 years ago Keston condensing boilers were the "best," they never even had a pcb, being do simple. Spiral tube, downward firing burner.

Last edited:
I used to be an agent for Keston, made money as was always busy, would I ever install one as a pro , not a hope in hell even the Ideal brand, possibly the worst boilers ever made

Sponsored Links
Ideal own Keston. The Ideal combis are identical to the Ideal Logic, except the Keston uses a twin pipe system.

Why do many castigate Keston, yet laud Ideal?
A lot of people castigate Ideal too, and with good reason

This guy said he fits many Logics. He says he fires and forgets as they never go wrong. The Keston is the same boiler with a different flue.

Last edited:
Logic long term review. He justifies his views, not give out one liners.

This guy said he fits many Logics. He says he fires and forgets as they never go wrong. The Keston is the same boiler with a different flue.

And Ideal say they dont have a problem with their heat exchangers, well must just be Scottish water as a HA that I do work for had over 250 heat exchangers on the stores floor waiting to be reimbursed from Ideal

He's got a new favourite boiler every week. He was a rep for ATAG for a while, then they very suddenly parted company. Logics have had a lot of heat exchanger and sump issues.

What causes the heat X to fail? Low flow? An installation problem?

If they fail as much as many here say, they would not be in business.

Have they rectified the heat X problem, if there was one? The combi has been sold for a while now.

Last edited:
And Ideal say they dont have a problem with their heat exchangers, well must just be Scottish water as a HA that I do work for had over 250 heat exchangers on the stores floor waiting to be reimbursed from Ideal
Main heat X or plate heat X?

What causes the heat X to fail? Low flow? An installation problem?

If they fail as much as many here say, they would not be in business.

Have they rectified the heat X problem, if there was one? The combi has been sold for a while now.
They leak through the casting and out of the condense drain. Symptom is reducing central heating pressure with no sign of a system leak. I think pretty much every gas engineer in the country has either seen one themselves, or knows someone else who has. Has the problem been fixed? No idea - as far as I'm aware they're still denying that there's a problem. I'd love to know how many replacement heat exchangers they've supplied by now, must be thousands

I cannot believe they have not made efforts to rectify the problem. When heat Xs fail it is usually due to an installation/poor servicing problem.

I am not sure if the hydro block is plastic. If so, a shock arrestor usually solves any leaking probs.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back