Keston Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my Kranky Keston C25 and I have been offered a range of options and would appreciate it if anyone could offer an opinion as to the alternatives as I do not want to be making tea for heating engineers every couple of months as I have for the last 10years.

Don't know if this is relevant, but...

Boiler is located in the basement and there is an (unvented(?)) cylinder for the H/W and underfloor heating running two small pumps to the ground floor. the Keston was chosen as it has a twin-flue option (2x 50mm pipes I think). The current arrangement of the pipes running up inside the wall doesn't comply with current regulations.

Options are:

Ideal Logic 25 (with the larger flue option to be boxed in)

Viessman 100 or 200 (possibly twin-flue)
(but I have now read horror stories about the 100 series)

There seems to be a lot of favourable reports for the Vaillant but I don't know which one would be the equivalent.

Thanks for any advice you are able to offer :)

Sponsored Links
If you decide on the logic at least get the logic+ or vouge. the logic+ has 7 year warranty and vouge has 10 year warranty.

If the flue is a problem, have you had a look at the, wait for it, Keston Combi? They are basically an Ideal Logic with the twin flue and a Keston badge. I used to do warranty work for Keston so I feel your pain. On the other hand, one of my former colleagues has a full time job with Ideal warranty repairs. Personally I do not install either.

James.

Sponsored Links
General opinion on this forum seems to be the Ideal's are only marginally better than the Keston's....... :eek:

In theory it should be the opposite as the Logics and Kestons are virtually the same unit, but Kestons are more versatile with their positioning due to the twin flues.

Don't get me wrong Kestons in their past had their faults, but when I carried out their warranty work, the majority of the installations were incorrect. Installed correctly, like any other boiler, they had a fighting chance. I currently look after a K340. Every year, regardless, they have replacement burner seals and relays. The HT leads are given 2 years tops. Currently running as sweet as nut, noisely.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back