Ideal and Keston

I cannot believe they have not made efforts to rectify the problem. When heat Xs fail it is usually due to an installation/poor servicing problem.
Unless a company admits that they have a problem, then they wont address that problem, I deal have stuck their head in the sand, yet again with this boiler , it is the new Icos, piles of shoite to be honest

Sponsored Links
If you admit you have a problem, sales will drop. Some work on improvements without notifying the public. Car companies are notorious for doing that.

you dont have to publicize that you have a problem, but as a company you need to address it , just shouting we dont have a problem doesnt work

The point I am making is that they may have addressed the problem, not telling anyone.

Sponsored Links
And that is why installers'/repair engineers' experience and knowledge is more informative than any sales'n'marketing w@nk! :)

Data like percentages of failures, in early introduction then to current, is more useful.

And that is why installers'/repair engineers' experience and knowledge is more informative than any sales'n'marketing w@nk! :)
Reading some of the so-called "professionals" on here I would take that with a pinch of salt.

One thing I have noticed regarding early failure of heat exchangers, is that since the wide adoption of TRVs on all or most rads, the failure rate has increased. Many heat Xs have poor flow through them vs the output of the burner. Many installers do not know how to set up pumps for a minimum speed either, to overcome this. I have noticed that boilers that modulate down to very low kW tend to last well. Low loss headers assist in boiler longevity as they give excellent flow through the heat X at all times.

Weather compensation also keeps the temperature of the heat X low most of the time when running CH. I noticed that the Keston version of the Ideal Logic has weather compensation as standard with the outside sensor in the cardboard box. Maybe a way of overcoming potential problems in their flagship brand.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back