Ideal boiler controlled by hollywell cm921 no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

Sorry i have tried looking at manual and seriously have no clue , currently my boiler is an ideal combi boiler i currently have hot water but in past 24 hours stopped heating my radiators does not matter on what setting i put it currently put it on 35 degrees i get impression the info is not getting to boiler but when i look at box by the boiler that the honeywell sends info to does show a green light so i am at a loss any ideas or is it a heating engineer job ??

Sponsored Links
Does the light come on the boiler that indicates a demand for heating. I can't think off the top of my head what light that would be but there's usually some indication that the boiler knows that there's a demand for heating. This will let you know whether problem is the external control or if it is the boiler.
You could try pressing the override button on the cm927's receiver by the boiler. While you do this check the front of the boiler to see if something indicates the boiler is receiving the instruction to light. If there's no fault code it would point to the thermostat. Give it a go and let me know what you see.
J

small white box what i would call receiver tats located next to boiler has one button if i press it , it turns off when i do that the boiler light goes off so think it is communicating to it but the box thats downstairs in lobby even though when i change the heating setting shows little wifi signal i get impression not working as no heating coming on

So if you press the override button on the receiver so that the green light is lit does a light come on the boiler to indicate that it has received the instruction to light? If so then there is a problem with the boiler and you will need to call an engineer. Is the heating thermostat on the boiler turned up?

Sponsored Links
If it's an ideal logic I think a 'C' comes up on the display to show there is a call for heat. If you press the override button on the receiver so it lights up and you don't see a 'C' on the display then there is a problem with the receiver. Could be a loose connection or may need to be replaced. If you do see a 'C' on the boiler and it doesn't light the burner I would expect to see a fault code after a minute or two.

when you look at my boiler it has water settin low to high then heating low to high both are turned up o high when i switch white box off and no lights the white burner light goes off when switch box back on green light comes on white box and then the burner light comes back on just seems that the control box downstairs is not sending info to start the heating cycle for radiators[/img]

If yeah can the heating to come on by overiding the receiver then you are right in thinking that the problem lies with the programmable room thermostat. It could just be that the batteries need changing. It may need realigning with the receiver, or possibly the signal is not that great.

If you click on the following link:

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1069.pdf

This will take you to the installation manual where it explains what to do if there is a loss of communication or to check the rf signal and change the frequency if other wireless devices are interfering.

I hope this helps.

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back