1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Nest Thermostat Installation

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by chalky74, 28 Nov 2015.

1. chalky74

chalky74

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Just recently purchased our Nest thermostat, haven't tried wiring it in yet but have been looking at the manual and just trying to get it right before I start.

Currently using the Honeywell CM921 thermostat and relay box with a Baxi Duo Tec combi boiler.

According to the Nest manual I need connect a Live and a Neutral which I get and can identify easily in the CM921. But also it says I need to connect a "call for heat" (2) and a "common" (3). The but I don't understand is there are two wires in the CM921 that are connected to a terminal block labelled A and B.

My question is, is A in the CM921 "call for heat" or is it the wire connected to B. Presumably if A or the B wire is call for heat the other would be common?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. nortonj

nortonj

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes a is call and b is common.
    I think it will still work if wires reversed

3. Sponsored Links
  4. D_Hailsham

D_Hailsham

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Er no, it's the other way round. But, as you rightly say it doesn't matter if the wires are reversed.

5. nortonj

nortonj

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for pointing that out.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links