Ideal Boiler puzzle

• Thread starter richard Lionheart
  • Start date
:LOL:
See, what really annoys me is ive come here to see how I stand, and all the advice, which I appreciate, has also been doled out with a fair amount of unpleasant comments, insults, and agressive posting.

-"be a smart arse"
" Ya big Jessie"
"stop whinging"

Why were all these necesssary? Why the name calling? I was polite and courteous to you, why is it so difficult to be polite and courteous back? Did you speak to your customers IRL like that? So why speak to me like that?

All you've done is confirm to me, that as well as all energy companies, most plumbers seem to be badly educated , badly mannered ******s as well.

Good bye.

Can't see any name calling
Anyway

Good bye (y)

Sponsored Links
See, what really annoys me is ive come here to see how I stand, and all the advice, which I appreciate, has also been doled out with a fair amount of unpleasant comments, insults, and agressive posting.

-"be a smart arse"
" Ya big Jessie"
"stop whinging"

Why were all these necesssary? Why the name calling? I was polite and courteous to you, why is it so difficult to be polite and courteous back? Did you speak to your customers IRL like that? So why speak to me like that?

All you've done is confirm to me, that as well as all energy companies, most plumbers seem to be badly educated , badly mannered ******s as well.

Good bye.

Oh dear, another person who is in a huff because he's not got the answer he wanted :rolleyes:

Badly educated eh? Well one of us in here advising you has five A-levels, and another has a degree in English Literature. A third is an Ideal service engineer. I think you'll struggle to do better....

Sponsored Links
Sorry Richard, but you're railing against the manufacturer, when in reality, your claim is against the installer who lied to you, didn't advise you about the need to service it, and didn't warn you that you needed to validate the warranty.

Now it's this part that you might be able to challenge Ideal over, as the installer should be able to activate the warranty on your behalf, and it shouldn't cost you £125 to retrospectively do so. As has been suggested before, be very very nice to them, point out that you've been duped by the installer, and then tell them that they should have asked a few more questions before asking for a fee that they were never going to honour. Yes, you're right in that the boiler should last longer, and has been said, the service would have picked up the heating exchanger going faulty, but unless the lack of dealing with it earlier, has caused any additional damage, then it would it's still a faulty unit that should be replaced as a matter of goodwill.

See if they'll put the £125 that they shouldn't have charged you, against the cost of the repair, and negotiate any additional balance on the basis that you'd have had to pay for the last three services, and you'll just be paying for them now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back