Ideal Boiler/Sunvic vale problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a problem my plumber isnt sure of !!

Have an ideal ff50 minimiser boiler connected to a megaflow hw cylinder. It is controlled by an acl drayton programmer, but occasionally when the kids have had a bath and the boiler needs to operate, the pump will keep running after the water is hot and will continually fire up the boiler even when the programmer is turned off !. It will continue to do this and will only stop if i turn off all the electrics and leave it overnight and then turn it all back on again

The central heating is controlled by a room stat and always works fine and under control

After the pump is a sunvic 2 way valve which its self is connected to a cylinder stat and after that a honeywell 2 way valve.

my plumber says the sunvic could be faulty but it never seems to be faulty when he is there !!

any thoughts anyone--apologies for poor non technical description above !!

Sponsored Links
callumjack said:
my plumber says the sunvic could be faulty but it never seems to be faulty when he is there !!

any thoughts anyone-

A case of plumbers / mechanics law.
Dont know if I am coining a phrase or creating it here but my definition of it is :-
Any noise or event that you would wish your plumber or mechanic to witness will not happen while he is there waiting for it to happen!!

As for solving the problem well thats just a case of catching it when it goes wrong to search for the source of the live connection that is causing your boiler to run when it shouldn't.
OR
The expensive way is to renew everything that it might be until the problem ceases and if that doesnt work its a wiring fault.

If you were to ask me where I would start looking first I would say at the programmer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back