ideal boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya we have a stelrad ideal gas boiler natural draught with a permanent pilot which has packed up. We have decided we want a vaillant boiler to replace it does anyone know if a eco tec plus 415 is a direct replacement for it,if yes is it a case of just taking old boiler off and new one on without the need to play with the external components I.e. Pump diverter valve timers etc.

Sponsored Links
depends on the ideal junk you have!

yes the external components should be the same, but you will need a permanent live and a switched live supply to the boiler.

you will also need a few bricks, sand / cement and possibly some plaster as your old nat draught boiler has a 12" x 12"(approx) square flue the ecotec has a 4" round one!.

you will also need an RGI to fit it. he will advise you and do the necessary notification to building control.

what a gem :LOL: :LOL:

a boiler made in the good days before Ideal lost the plot!!

the boiler is a dinosaur LOL but yes you will find the 415 a lot quieter, smaller and better looking!!

the change over would be straight swap but you will need the extra live and everything else i said above.

the pipework will need a bit of reconfiguring above the boiler.
Tip of the day: when fitting the pipes to the new boiler use 22x22 compression straight couplings and do the one next to the flue BEFORE fitting the flue elbow as they are nigh on impossible to do afterwards!!

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the advice, and your right the ideal are rubbish my aunts got an isar my daughter could have designed a better boiler not to mention the amount of times it breaks down. So ideal have come back with the logic with 5 year warranty to gain a bit of credibility back, still wouldn't by one even if they give me 10 year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back