Ideal c80ff combi boiler intermittent heating problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to this so be gentle :) I've got a boiler that's in cahoots with satan himself.

Some days i go for a shower and it only gives cold water, goes slightly warmer to lead you in to false sense of security and then BAM... ice cold water again for that nice early morning wake up call you never wanted.

What's worse is that this only happens every other day and things could be fine. This problem is also prominent when running baths but only rarely the tap supplies. Any ideas what could be causing this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
The simple answer is that it could be caused by almost anything and needs a competent engineer to diagnose.

Although they are quite reliable, they are over ten years old now and getting close to the time when replacement may be necessary.

When did you last have it serviced?

Tony

Well i know it's not been serviced since i bought the house just under 3 years ago. Being a little ignorant on this subject i've found to my cost that boilers require servicing.

Is my best course of action for finding a engineer to look on the CORGI web site?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Your best option would probably be to call Biasi ( and ask for their local service agent and then see if he is familiar with the boiler as its made by Biasi and somewhat similar to one of their early models ).

Ideal who sold it probably only have staff engineers rather than independent service agents so you are then up against their fairly expensive charges for what may only be a minor adjustment.

Any competent engineer should be able to service it but be aware many are not familiar with your less common model and you really need someone who can repair boilers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back