Ideal classic boiler does not fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal classic boiler and recently has failed to fire up, I have knocked the side of the boiler and it will fire up for upto 10 minutes and then shuts off again. I have taken the cover off the boiler and found a small plastic propeler, I believe this has come from the top of the fan, can anyone advise if this is why the boiler is not firing up properly and does this mean that the fan needs replacing. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be a myriad of different problems from a poor connection to a failed component. It needs a registered gas installer to diagnose the fault rather than randomly tapping the side of the boiler.

If you need to ask, then "your not qualified" to be pocking arround in there,call a RGI

Sponsored Links
The 'propeller' as you call it has nothing to do with the boiler firing. It is just a cooling fan for the fan motor.

Sounds like the aps or a dodgy relay, but really needs looking at by a RGI ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back