Ideal Classic boiler LXR5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in a 3 bed house for sale.. According to a service label it was last serviced in 20/07/09 and, if have deciphered old labels properly, it may have been first serviced in 98.

I couldn't see a central thermostat anywhere - but this was difficult as the house is stuffed with furniture. It certainly has no radiator thermostats. The boiler is downstairs adjacent to the kitchen.

So, I have a few questions, please. Is the boiler likely to be efficient and likely to last a few more years? If yes, should I have the system power flushed through and necessary thermostats fitted?

If no, what would be a good make of replacement boiler? Most of the rads are old-fashioned looking doubles, if that's any help.

The house is a small detached and has an electric shower in a cubicle.

Sorry I can't be more precise but will answer any questions as accurately as possible.

Sponsored Links
i dont recognise the model, does it have a round flue or a big square one?

Probably mean the LXRS 245p GCNo 41-387-37, or the 255p GCNo 41-387-38

Probably installed in 1999

Sponsored Links
Better to replace the rads with modern ones fitted with TRVs.

Decorate with old valves removed and then fit new ones!

Tony

If the OP wanted the manual he would need to send me a message with an email addy.

Thanks for your replies. Very helpful.

Yes, I misread my own scribble - it is an Ideal LXRS boiler (not LRX5). Dunno about the type of flue.

I'll put in an offer today. The agent says I'll get the house okay as I haven't anything to sell. When I do, Do It All, I'll message you with a request for the manual. Might be a month or two, depending on the sellers solicitors.

As usual, Diynot comes up trumps. Best site on the Web!

do it all,

I will take advantage now of your offer of the manual for the Ideal LXR5 boiler. It would be the same manual in a couple of months, as I see now.

Trouble is, I've been trying to work out how to send you a message - without any success. What do I do please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back