Ideal Classic HE18 Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

We have a boiler that is not firing up.

I am an electrical engineer and have worked through the fault finding guide in the manual, measuring voltages at the strategic points on flow chart.

I have 240Vac delivered to fan , but the fan is not running, it is not seized, so i have to assume the fan is faulty.

It seems a very straightforward job to replace it the assembly and removing two sensor pipes, blue/red. Is it safe to replace the fan assembly myself ?

Obviously I do not want to do anything that would be unsafe

Appreciate your input

Regards

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
classics are erm, classics for fan failure.

Hi folks

I am an electrical engineer and have worked through the fault finding guide in the manual, measuring voltages at the strategic points on flow chart.

I have 240Vac delivered to fan , but the fan is not running, it is not seized, so i have to assume the fan is faulty.

Dave

As an electrical engineer I would have expected you to have done a little more investigation!

You could have measured the resistance of the fan motor! Can you guess what that should be? Its about a 48w shaded pole motor.

Then you could have measured the voltage ACROSS the fan motor terminals!

I suspect there may have been no voltage ACROSS the fan motor terminals!

You could also have powered the fan from an external supply. I expect it might have worked!

Sorry if you think I am being a little harsh but as you have said you are an Elec Eng I expect a bit more from you than a lorry driver!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back