ideal classic ff240 central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler was working fine, then the fan kept making a noise, and boiler would go off, it wud restart for short while if switched on and off. Eventually giving up alltogether, the fan bearings siezed, i replaced them with new ones, tested it by mains first before refitting, & it worked perfect. refitted & assembled boiler fan assembly. Switched on boiler and stat, fan worked immediatley, but boiler wud not ignite, all vacuum pipes r correct way round, as i made a note on dissassemble, along with wiring connections, boiler pressure is 1.5 bar, all pumps were ok before, along with hot water, any ideas out there please, thanks tone

Sponsored Links
You replaced the bearings??........ unusual in this day and age, the whole fan is usually replaced. If the fan has been reassembled correctly and operating normally then the air pressure switch is next in the sequence, is it being made??.......... Is this a good time to suggest or enquire if it shouldnt be a suitably qualified person doing this kind of job??

thanks for info, i will agree about suitable qualified person repairing the fault, i do work on hgv,s electro an hydralics etc, so thought i,d give it a go, bearings were no bother to get an replace, & i measured clearances as well between casings etc, and all works fine, but now boiler won,t ignite, it did before even with the fan sticking, but it was intermittent as the fan stopped, thanks tone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back