Ideal Classic FF240 Boiler - Cutting Out

If there is voltage across the solenoid then everything before that is okay/calling. If the APS is out, the voltage would not be there at the gas valve.

Unless I am very much mistaken, and am always prepared to be corrected.

Sponsored Links
We could be talking about the same thing:cool: the point I was trying to make is if you check voltage across the gas valve coil and you have 240 with boiler running and you suddenly lose voltage (boiler stops) how do you know what has caused the voltage to drop ? if the coil goes open circuit or high resistance the valve shuts and the pcb will cut voltage to the gas valve but so quickly you cant tell what causing it.

in this case the voltage would still have been there but valve not open , its basic fault finding

Sponsored Links
sorry herts your wrong in the case of this boiler in this thread.
when there is a demand power to solenoid , gas then comes on stays on for however long then solenoid breaks down gas goes out but power is still at solenoid and trying to ignite

sorry herts your wrong in the case of this boiler in this thread.
when there is a demand power to solenoid , gas then comes on stays on for however long then solenoid breaks down gas goes out but power is still at solenoid and trying to ignite
Just checked there are two solenoids one for pilot another for main? What if the main solenoid failed?

Edited, 112 you are right

Last edited:
Just checked there are two solenoids one for pilot another for main? What if the main solenoid failed?

Edited, 112 you are right

Voltage to PS, sparking generated, ignition, flame detection, voltage to Main Sol. If MSC fails, voltage would still be there, but no firing. IIRC.

Hence my comment as to why the BG guy was there for 2 hours. With a laptop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back