Ideal Classic FF240 Boiler - Cutting Out

Sponsored Links
Yea if the pump is on the deareation setting the pump waits for a setting to be chosen.

who fitted the pump. it is the fitted the right way round? what speed is it on? it looks like a wilo but unsure. don't they normally have a setting to purge air in the case of an airlock?
that's a point.
Also was thinking, and was going to say, but realised wilo pico pumps come out the box, with pump arrow facing upwards, pump face level. its only if you want the pump, pumping down, you have to turn the head.

Sponsored Links
that's a point.
Also was thinking, and was going to say, but realised wilo pico pumps come out the box, with pump arrow facing upwards, pump face level. its only if you want the pump, pumping down, you have to turn the head.
Based on the picture he'd want it pumping upwards;)

Hi all,

Well British Gas have been and the fault was diagnosed as......... (Drum roll please).............

Gas solenoid valve!!

Thanks to all who played this weeks broken boiler bingo :)

It took the BG engineer a couple of hours to find and fix the fault, circulation was fine, fan was fine, pump was fine.. PCB also fine.
The pump is the correct way around, it was on the auto vent setting as I was trying some of the venting/bleeding suggestions.
It's set to auto now.

The winner is Terrywookfit :)
Virtual pint/s on their way.

My moneys on a GVSC.

Thanks to all the suggestions and time spent helping me.

Fingers crossed it last a few more months

i will claim the silver medal after terry`s gold as i said always check the basics first ..
Hey shambolic :p:p:D

Well I'm glad it's fixed.

My long distance diagnosis wa seeing but as I said difficult without being there.

If someone says it stays in for a few minutes and cuts out I think most of us would think circulation.

See I said not all bg guys are bad.
I think the classic gas valve is bg van stock too

that's a point.
what would turning the head achieve? it would still pump in the same direction, to change the direction of flow you have to turn the complete pump

Still not sure with the OPs descriptions that the solenoid was faulty.
Rarely displays that fault but again would need to be in front of it with a multimeter to test.

really ? over years had loads of honeywell gas valves with solenoid faults , very common fault on all type of valves . Breakdown under use a lot of time within seconds to differing times . And really simple to check to take out equation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back