Ideal Concord WRS 255

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Concord WRS 255, Not sure if its just a 255 or 255A, how can I tell. The gas man that came just wrote 255 on the paperwork, but on searching most of the information & parts mention 255A. I know the GC Number is 4140918. But it's been turned off for a long while due to safety reasons as house was unoccupied.
The boiler's pilot light won't light. I set the thermostat control to 'Off', turned the gas control knob till it stopped. waited 3 minutes as required, held in the gas control knob & pressed the white ignitor button several times but no good. I repeated the process but it wouldn't fire.
The gas engineer the came says that it requires an Ignitor, Part # 077360, & an Electrode, Part # 077364, both of which he states are obsolete. IE essentially he's suggesting I get a new boiler.
This boiler's been very reliable in the past & usually passes inspection & servicing without problems & usually only requires the thermocouple to be changed occasionally.
Could it just be that the electrode needs cleaning as it could have got sooted-up or something along those lines.
Are the parts really obsolete or can they still be gotten from anywhere or alternatives used.
Is there anything I can do. I'd call Ideal but that won't be till the weekdays now.
Any help or suggestions of what I can test in the mean time would be very helpful. Tnx in advance.

Sponsored Links
Nothing obsolete about it. Bullet proof and don’t let any cowboy plumber convince you otherwise. 40 year old boiler and very little to go wrong.

Sponsored Links
simple even if parts are obsolete pilot can be lit with case off during service and providing you dont have a card meter it will only ever go out again if something fails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back