Ideal Concord WRS 255A

Thanks for that. Just as well I left the seal in place then!

Disturbed that I didn't know what was going on inside the cabinet, I awoke this morning with renewed energy and so took the cabinet back off.

No leaks!

I took the inspection hatch off on top of the flue so that I could shine a torch down the entire inner length of the exchanger and the silicone - which is not in direct contact with the flame - looks as good as when I first put it in there. I can see no evidence of leaks from either of the seals and so in my judgement, this job appears to be successful. The silicone has dried even harder now a) because of the extended time and b) because it has been subjected to warmth.

The cabinet seal seems to be working fine - no draughts and the CO alarm that I put there as a check hasn't activated all of last evening nor this morning.

I'd still like to know how to get the downstairs radiators working though so any suggestions welcome! This is merely an air bubble issue though, nothing to do with the functioning of the boiler so like I said, a successful job!

:D

Thanks to everyone who contributed replies - all much appreciated! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Well, I got my downstairs radiators working - I turned the pump up to a faster speed, shut off all the upstairs rads and drained about a third of a bucket of water from the furthest dowstairs rad (which got some air out after a while). Then turned the upstairs rads back on and the whole system is now working fine. Thanks once again to everyone who contributed.

Nick6999 I admire all your hard work in attempting and achieving a repair(?) on this museum quality boiler, but surely being in rented accomodation is this not why you pay rent to get all jobs like this done 'free'?? I would question why it hasn't been picked up on a gas safety inspection for the landlords certificate? Perhaps this was done some time ago? But well done if all's well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back