Ideal E type CF 80N control box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am new to this forum but looking for some information.
Can you still buy the control box /part number 586121250 for the ideal 80N boiler? my boiler is over 30 years old and I have it serviced every year and so far is working fine.
But I was informed by the guy who serviced it that may soon need a new control box , but the part is obsolete.
Does anyone know if I would be able to still get this part anywhere?
Really worried it may go wrong, so would like to buy a spare one in case

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That is the gas council number for your part the manufacturers part number is 586121250 , you might have more luck finding one with that number

Thanks ianmcd , I will add that to my query and also look online.
I am hoping there are still some out there or one that maybe compatible.

Sponsored Links
Control box on a e type cf would only house a boiler stat cant see how he thinks its going to go soon

Hi gas112,
Maybe he meant that if it does pack up I would have a problem getting another one that would be compatible with the e type boiler. I just don’t want to risk it going wrong and having to buy a whole new boiler system.
And at the moment , touch wood this one is running fine.

Attachments

• 78742666-861B-4DD2-AF74-892CE0CDD702.jpeg
    78742666-861B-4DD2-AF74-892CE0CDD702.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 184
Hi gas112,
Maybe he meant that if it does pack up I would have a problem getting another one that would be compatible with the e type boiler. I just don’t want to risk it going wrong and having to buy a whole new boiler system.
And at the moment , touch wood this one is running fine.
You could say that about any part on a boiler of a certain age that any part could go . if you do not mind spending money because a part may go then go down that road but a boiler stat is basically a fancy switch that on an e type didnt go very often and i looked after 100s of e types think your guy is looking for an easy big pay boiler change

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back