Ideal E Type. HW feed getting very hot but rad feed much coo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We have a very old Ideal E Type CF 50 floor standing. HW is gravity fed. The pipe going up to the airing cupboard gets very hot whilst the pipes either side of the pump are much cooler and the rads are not as hot as they used to get. Had system flushed in spring & new pump and stat fitted.

Ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Keyplumb, "Your response "Check the pumo". Thanks for the advice, however it's just a tad too cryptic for me. The pump feels like its running and hot water is getting to upstairs rads, it's just far cooler than the water reaching the HW tank.

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb,

As you suggested I unscrewed fron cover. Pump is running, anticlockwise I believe. I only got a dribble of water rather than any force. Left it for a few minutes but nothing changed.

When I knock the left hand input pipe it makes a much lower sound than the right hand, what I expect to be the output, side pipe. Does this indicate anything significant?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back