Ideal Esprit 2 30 HE Combi flashing display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New boiler, ran for 30 secs and then display flashes between time and three ---
[dashes] no error code, nothing in manual.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have heard that dashes instead of error codes indicate a problem with the wiring.

With the power OFF, check the connections of wiring harnesses and that none of the wiring jacks (little plastic connections) are loose with on the circuit board, or any of the other boiler parts.

Thanks, already checked that but nothing obvious. [Strange it ran and then died.]

Sponsored Links
Manufacturer said indicates overheat and cannot be reset, they are sending out engineer. Must be some kind of record 30 second use before breakdown.
Should have taken the fitters recommendation for a Worcester.[mind you my new Worcester does'nt work correctly either.]

Dont think they're any better, i psuh vaillant where i can, altough others may disagree.

Let us know how you get on and whether the dashes on the display to indicate overheat and what the engineer does to rectify the fault.

you mean three lines or number 3??????????
three line is dry fire stat,pump blocked or no by pass

Turns out just jammed pump, quick nudge and all working, the display I mentioned appears after a fault code which requires attention, my fitter just reset without making a note of error code and then could not reset due to overheat.{he should have of read the label on the boiler which states the pump may need manual help to start } :rolleyes:

I think it's just new installation that may require manual kick-start.
All seem ok now, though hot water sometimes runs for a few seconds with all taps off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back