Ideal FF380 boiler fires up when CH & HW OFF. Pls help!!

Hi Gordongas, Namsag,
Having followed your advice, I think I'm very close!

I removed each GREY wire in turn (CH & HW turned OFF at timer but pump was still running). The pump stopped when the Danfoss MV grey wire was disconnected (and kept running when Honeywell grey wire was taken out). Am I right to conclude that it's the Danfoss microswitch that is faulty and therefore needs replacing?

Many thanks!

Anya x

Sponsored Links
Its that unit which has the problem.

It may be jammed, water may have got into the switch, the switch itself may have failed. There are several possibilities!

Tony

Of course a new head would be the easiest to fit!

Tony

Its that unit which has the problem.

It may be jammed, water may have got into the switch, the switch itself may have failed. There are several possibilities!

Tony

Thank you.
As it's the grey wire going into the microswitch, am I correct that it's the microswitch? The pump continues to run even when I push the actual microswitch on and off.

Sponsored Links
The microswitch looks easy to fit if it is that. It's a solder connection and it looks like I can get it from maplins for less than £2!

If it is that of course! Just waiting on your expert judgement so I can sort it tomorrow!

It certainly sounds like it !

Of course I would be testing it with a meter.

They are not really rated at an adequate current for the application. They are only a miniature switch for security and control applications. Not really suitable for the inductive current taken by a heating pump!

Tony

FIXED thanks to the expert help provided on this site and more specifically by the members who replied to my request for help.

I can't thank you enough, in particular gordongas, agile (Tony), and namsag! I bought a £2.19 microswitch and soldered it on this evening. Working perfect since!

Really pleased - thanks again. This site is just the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for promoting me to 1500 thanks.

You could have chosen the low cost switch for £1.19 and saved another £1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back