Boiler keeps starting up for no reason?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an Ideal Mexico boiler (Super CF3/100) and a "Lifestyle LP722" timer switch.

Now, I've noticed over the past couple of days that the boiler is firing up at odd times - when the timer switch says it should be off (we've got the heating switched off and the water set to come on for an hour in the mornings and evenings).

When the boiler fires up at these odd times, both red lights on the timer switch are off and setting the timer switch to CH-OFF, HW-OFF doesn't have any effect.

It doesn't seem to stay on for long, but I've noticed it a couple of times in the past day or two.

Is that normal?

It just happened a few minutes ago and I tried switching off the fused electrical switch next to the timer - which cut out the boiler immediately. Switching it back on, the boiler started up again.

I'm thinking that the timer switch must be faulty. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's more likely to be a valve stuck open that a faulty timer, what do you have?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back