Ideal gas Boiler pump running constantly

Jog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice.

We have a 10 year old Ideal boiler for our central heating and hot water.

We came home from a few days away to find the pump at the top of the boiler is running constantly, regardless of whether the boiler is timed to be on or off.

If we turn the mains switch for the boiler off at the wall the pump stops running but as soon as we turn the switch back on the pump comes back on.

Our plummer has had a look and told us he's never come across this before. He contacted Ideal and told us it was a fault with the electronic timer switch. We have has this changed but have still got the same problem.

Has anyone had this happen? If so what was the cause? Any ideas most welcome!

Thank you

Jog

Sponsored Links
Bit of a crystal ball moment here but I would guess at an ideal classic on an s plan system with the hot water zove valve actuator stuck on.

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the spelling!

The Boiler is an Ideal Classic Standard model FF260.
The system we have doesn't have a header tank in the loft, but has the pump directly on top of the boiler. There is a hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

Thank you
Jog

Sponsored Links
Is it pressurised with a gauge and expansion vessel?

Tony

Bit of a crystal ball moment here but I would guess at an ideal classic on an s plan system with the hot water zove valve actuator stuck on.

He shoots, he scores! :D , starting to get the hang of this now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back