ideal he24....no hot water...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a problem with an ideal he24 combi boiler....when set in hot water mode & the heating is off...the hot water can be drawn throuth the tap fine.....but when you have the c/h on & you require hot water all you are getting is cold water...could this be that the diverter valve is not functioning correctly??? can anyone help thanks....

Sponsored Links
I think its a more complicated fault in your case and I dont think its the diverter.

Unfortunately to consider the problem further, I would need to know how your model senses the DHW demand. Its probably the temperature of the inlet to the plate HE.

Can you turn off the DHW preheat?

Lets see what the others have to suggest.

If you can measure the sensor resistances with the boiler completely cold that would be a good start.

Is it outside the warrantee period?

Tony

another thing that will help is to know what diverter head is fitted as there are at least 2 types fitted in these machines
look in bottom left corner of boiler some are red some are (edit!) GREY (not black)

another thing that will help is to know what diverter head is fitted as there are at least 2 types fitted in these machines
look in bottom left corner of boiler some are red some are black

you mean red and grey
as for the fault is the boiler switching from c to d?

Sponsored Links
We are assuming it is an Isar HE 24. OP hasn't said this, so still possibly could be a Mini HE24?

look in bottom left corner of boiler some are red some are black

you mean red and grey
as for the fault is the boiler switching from c to d?

yep your correct its old age yer know :LOL: anyway point is there were problems with a batch of them.

OP as said switching from C to D and also T in what order do you get them in each mode?

Very good point Dave! The Isars are so unreliable that we naturally expect a faulty Ideal to be an Isar!

We learned later that it was an Isar so I have deleted my advice related to the Ideal Mini to avoid confusion.

Tony

its an isar 24 ....the diverter valve is red when the heating is on & turn the tap for hot water the display does read d...but water comes through hot for a couple of seconds...then goes cold

probably the cartridge is full of crap
remove red head on diverter and push the pin in/out a few times

ok so it is possible it is the diverter valve then...will give this a go...thanks...

But how can you explain that he gets perfect hot water when the CH is not selected and the problem only arises when it also has CH selected?

It seems to me to be a more complicated problem ( if he has described the symptoms correctly. )

Tony

See some regulars are slowly crawling back to the Forum and leaving the combustion chamber.. :LOL: What`s up boy`s tired of the challenge ??

Ego`s not geting stroked by lesser DIY mortals?? :LOL:

pube said:
SSShhhhh. I`m getting a good run here. ;) It seems as if I help Numptys to not kill themselves they`ll leave me be. If I get abusive they`ll remove and ban me.

So F*uck them... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Volunteer ex posting f*ucking sad no marks...get a f*ucking life.

You would have thought the site admin would have cleaned up his act by now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back