Ideal Heat 15 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello any idea of a typical service fee for this boiler, also last couple of days it has been lazy to fire up on demand (takes a couple of attempts to fire up). Is this likely to be resolved in a service.

Sponsored Links
As Dan suggests.

It might be possible to offer a ballpark figure if you had the good sense to provide your location, as regional variations occur.

Certainly sounds like a non-serviced appliance, so a full strip down & clean required, plus maybe some parts.
£100-150 at a guess.

Great wee boiler, but like them all - they do need serviced!

Sponsored Links
As Dan suggests.

It might be possible to offer a ballpark figure if you had the good sense to provide your location, as regional variations occur.
South Bucks

trying to find someone locally with the following in mind isn't easy.
1. Available
2 Reliable
3 Trustworthy.

are you saying that the boiler is faulty when you are calling round ? if anyone calls me for a service I always say in 4 weeks and then if they say they cant wait that long then I know there is a fault, always be up front and dont expect the engineer to magically guess that there is a fault

I have been totally honest as per the message lazy boiler under three years old. I have had an engineer around who serviced it and appeared to clear the fault, only after he went fault started happening again, boiler still runs but when it calls is is sometimes not lighting. He has been back and valve changed, seemed to be going OK, he has left and same old typical issue starts again. The igniter was sparking well, but his next suggestion is to replace and see if that cures it. Any other thoughts from engineers more familiar with the Ideal Heat boiler. He said intermittent problems are a pig. The engineer much more familiar with Worcester one (all have there little quirks).
Any thoughts welcome. It would be good to catch the culprit without changing part by part.

I think they are all the same apart from kw rating (most have same parts apparently) it is the Heat 15 and the error code is L2 or F2 it comes up with one or the other once it decides not to fire. Restart and it could go straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back