Ideal Heat 15 Boiler

I think they are all the same apart from kw rating (most have same parts apparently) it is the Heat 15 and the error code is L2 or F2 it comes up with one or the other once it decides not to fire. Restart and it could go straight away.
From the error code I can see it is a Logic or its equivalent not an Icos. The L2 or F2 means ignition or frame failure, need to check a few things, so you need a boiler repair man, or call Ideal fixed price repair.

As it is intermittent, so better to wait for it to become persistent.

Sponsored Links
Logic Heat 15

not the plus or any other version just the Logic Heat 15. Although the valve was replaced bot measure just over 4 ohms across the outside pins which would suggest ok. You can actually hear the spark ignition (which the engineers said looks pretty good and clean) but that was to be his next change if the valve didn't resolve (which it has not). Strange but seems to work a little better has only not fire up once maybe twice since he left this morning. It seemed worse when trying to start first thing, lets see if it does in the morning before i call him again with the update. Just dont want to go through everything then the pcb and still be finding an issue. Intermittent problems are a def pig.

From the error code I can see it is a Logic or its equivalent not an Icos. The L2 or F2 means ignition or frame failure, need to check a few things, so you need a boiler repair man, or call Ideal fixed price repair.

As it is intermittent, so better to wait for it to become persistent.
persistent it is i.e every day, but when he serviced it, the bugger seemed fine until he went, same again after he did the valve today. I will wait to see what it does the rest of this evening and in the morning when it seems to be a real struggle. It is a gas safe engineer that I have had out, problem is probably easy for someone always working on Ideal Logic boilers, his choice and ones he is far more familiar with the quirks and faults are Bosch which seems to be the most popular one for engineers to install.

Certainly sounds like a non-serviced appliance, so a full strip down & clean required, plus maybe some parts.
£100-150 at a guess.

Great wee boiler, but like them all - they do need serviced!
Not sure i have the same opinion just over three years old, serviced one by Ideal, and again by a local engineer, not the best of experiences for me so far. Probably end up ripping the bugger out and having a new one (better brand). Ideal do not seem to have a great name.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back