Ideal Icos h15 died

Sponsored Links
£16 or £160? if its £16 i'll give it a shot? but im guessing you meant 160?

So you have had no heating or hw from march??
Or are you going to another landlords boiler and looking for help repairing that one too??

nope, no heating or hot water since then, except i do have an emersion heater on the hot water, so not a complete nightmare! if the pcbs are only 16 where do you getthem from?

Sponsored Links
If theres anywhere i can get a used PCB that anyone knows abouti'd really appreciate it, reason being im fairly sure it was the low gas pressure that caused all the problems, and that is sorted now. I could get an engineer out but im not sure how much that will cost, and its always far more satisfying to fix these sorts of things yourself if you can (albeit with all the help you guys have been offering!).
Kiesh

Meant to ask, whats the part number for the PCB? ive looked on mine and non of the numbers on the sticker match any of the part numbers ive seen!

(Also, long shot... but hasnt anyone had a bash at reparing the PCB?! considering its a £160 part, i'm surprised no-ones found its weak spot and had the board repaired!? it presumably is a capacitor or diode or summat?)
-------
that was said before looking at the underside of the board.... hmmm maybe not huh!
Kiesh

I Have found the problem on the board!

I used the good old electricians nose and sniffed the board to try and locate burnt parts, and hey presto, one of the green 100ohm 5W resistors next to the power suply on the board is blown to bits on the underside (against the board) i have put a multi meter on it to confirm, and sure enough, all the other ones read 100ohms, this one... nuttin! Ordered a 100ohm 5w resistor off the net, i'll fit it when it arrives, if you see a large plume of smoke coming from cumbria direction, you know its not worked!
kiesh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back