Ideal Icos HE 15 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Yesterday I had air in one of my radiators, so I emptied the air. I have a sealed system, so as a result of bleeding the rad I had to top up the system to get pressure back.

an hour later the HE 15 attached to the system no longer comes on? No status lights or nothing. I have checked that all electricity is running to the HE 15 which it is, and I have also checked the switch on the front of the HE 15 is functioning correctly with a electrical screw driver which it is

The pump in the airing cupboard doesn't sound right either, instead of the usual constant drone of a pump going it's more like a jarring sound winding up then back down and the little light on the front gets dimmer as it winds up and then returns back to normal.

Any idea what could be wrong? Should the pump operate correctly even if the boiler is off? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bump, please help someone or I fear I will have a costly call out since the house is very cold :(

Just an update just in case others have the same problem.

I ordered a new PCB (part no 174486, V9 Orange) from ebay and replaced it myself, wasn't to difficult a job. And after powering it all back up it worked and the boiler was running as normal.

Hope this information will help others if it happens to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back