Ideal ICOS HE Boiler - Occasional L F Error Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

First off, I know nothing about boilers - sorry. We have recently just moved into a house and it has an ICOS HE Boiler. Every so often (somewhere between once a week and once a fortnight) we get the L F (flame ignition) error - which is documented in the manual. Resetting the boiler allows the boiler to ignite. The thing I'm struggling with is what would cause the (supposedly) random error.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help. I will ultimately have to get a plumber in but if I could just understand why it is occurring then it would be a start.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
could be a partially blocked condensate trap

has it been serviced recently?

Thank you for the advice.

We are getting a service done in the next week or two - just waiting for them to confirm the appointment. I was hoping it was something like that - I presume that isn't a job I can do myself easily :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the advice.

We are getting a service done in the next week or two - just waiting for them to confirm the appointment. I was hoping it was something like that - I presume that isn't a job I can do myself easily :)

Not hard but I aint telling how

and Gas is right the earth lead on the fdp fails regular it do

The other common fault giving this code is the spark electrodes. The longer one bends away from the shorter one due to the heat of the burner :eek:

This gives an intermittent lock out due to the gas not igniting.

Is your boiler fixed now ?

Having exactly same problem. Plumber been 3 or 4 times now (charged twice). First visit was service and problem already existed.

Plumber not used to these boilers I think.

Think I will print off this thread to show him.

Unfortunately these boilers are a pain to us who know them, let alone someone who isn't familiar with them, but then I take it he can read english :confused:

well I'm sure he can read the figures on his bank account !

Have passed these suggestions to Mum(it's her boiler) who will relay to him.

Me - I'm sitting here freezing waiting a week for BG to come and fit Heat Exchanger to Potterron Suprima.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back