Ideal Icos HE15 L-F intermittent fault?

JQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am currently having a minor annoyance with my Ideal Icos HE15 boiler. Over christmas i had the common fault with the condensate drain freezing, 1 minute with the hair drier and all was well, until about a month ago. In the 10 minutes between me and my wife having a shower the boiler will show the L-F fault code. i press the reset button and the boiler kicks in and works providing CH and HW until morning when i awake to find a freezing house and the same L-F code. Again pressing the reset sorts the fault immediately. However this isn't the same everyday and can work fine for a few days then do it for a few days as regular as clockwork. It is the fact that it is intermittent that is confusing me and I don't want to call anyone until i can make sense of it so i don't get my pants pulled down. Does anyone have any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
We have had two boiler problems within the family recently, both intermittent to start with.
First one boiler would light but not remain on for long.(15mins to 1min)
Second one 'suprima going to lockout'
The pcbs on both had 1 soldered joint with signs of arcing, which proved to be the source of the problem.
Other than that solenoid coils on the gas valve can be a problem. If the windings develop a fault, they tend to work ok when cool, but after warming up they go open circuit and don't work again until cooled down.

faulty pcb, faulty flame detection probe, faulty ignition electrodes, faulty gas valve, water in gas valve, blocked condensate, water leak from heat exchanger spraying on to the flame rectification probe, problem with gas supply to the boiler. a few suggestions that can cause LF. i've had all those cause that code.

faulty pcb, faulty flame detection probe, faulty ignition electrodes, faulty gas valve, water in gas valve, blocked condensate, water leak from heat exchanger spraying on to the flame rectification probe, problem with gas supply to the boiler. a few suggestions that can cause LF. i've had all those cause that code.

bloody hell!! you must work for warmsure then.

Sponsored Links
a few newish estates near me are full of them, 1000s of houses. the developers hated the people that bought the houses so they're full of kestons, powermax's and icos, isar and istor!!

a few newish estates near me are full of them, 1000s of houses. the developers hated the people that bought the houses so they're full of kestons, powermax's and icos, isar and istor!!

Excellent!! so you can make a good living off that one estate then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back