Ideal ICOS HE15/reverse polarity.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i have a Ideal ICOS HE15 boiler. there is a fault code of H to n on the display. I have had an electrician out to look at it, as i was told the the polarity had been reversed.
The electrician has informed me that the polarity is running correctly, but the boiler is still showing the same fault code..does anybody have any idea how to remedy the situation, or will i have to get hold of another boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Firstly dont trust an electrian to work on your boiler!

get your self a fly lead connect it to the terminal strip on the boiler an plug it in to a socket.

or buy your self a multi meter an cheak the terminal strip yourself.. ;)

As 5tIMES said, dont trust an electrician working on a boiler.

H n is definately reverse polarity, its the only reason this fault comes up.

You wont need a new boiler.

Get a second opinion from a registered gas installer who will check the polarity at the boiler.

He will find 230VAC between Earth and Neutral which is wrong.

Have you had any wiring done in the house recently? If so then this will need to be looked at as being the problem.

Regards.

Thank you Temprise. A friend of mine was looking after my house for a few months, as i was away working. I came home to find the electricity had been bypassed, and my "friend"!!!!!! had been growing certain plants. I had the meter reconnected, but didn't realise that the police had pulled the main fuse, without turning any appliances off. All other appliances in the house are working properly, except the boiler. Thank you for your advise, i will get it checked out next week.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back