Ideal ICOS HE15 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a four year old Ideal ICOS HE15 boiler.

If you listen close to the control panel ( on / off switch , reset button and stat ), you can hear a ticking similar to a washing machine control motor.

I thought this unit was all electronic ?

Am I hearing things or does this have some kind of motorised timer inside ?

Sponsored Links
its a bomb - evacuate the house......

only joking :LOL:

it sounds like the display panel is on its way out or it is a problem with the pump which sits behind it
4 years for one of these units is good going if it hasn't played up before!

its a bomb - evacuate the house......

only joking :LOL:

it sounds like the display panel is on its way out or it is a problem with the pump which sits behind it
4 years for one of these units is good going if it hasn't played up before!

The PCB and Display was replaced three days ago :eek:

The boiler also makes a racket when first fired up, sounds like a fan bearing has gone, more a knocking warbling noise .........ohh and the fan was replaced a week ago.

ohhhh and the trap was cleared this morning ( nothing in there ).

:oops:

You seem to be getting good value from BG or Ideal or whoever is doing a fixed price repair for you.

Call them back!

Tony

Sponsored Links
You seem to be getting good value from BG or Ideal or whoever is doing a fixed price repair for you.

Call them back!

Tony

I have no faith left :(

I think the jumpers on the PCB may not have been correctly inserted for the HE15.

Trouble is, I cant find the installation sheet that shows the jumper settings.

Fixed price, my arse ! :eek:

1,2 and 3 is the jumper positions on a orange board and 2 on a black board,if you won't to know it's correct turn boiler off/on number 1 is what should be the first number that appears

1,2 and 3 is the jumper positions on a orange board and 2 on a black board,if you won't to know it's correct turn boiler off/on number 1 is what should be the first number that appears

Hmmm

When I fire it up the number sequence goes 0 then 7.

Looking down on the the orange covered PCB the jumpers are in this position ( j marks the jumper, if that makes sense ) :

. - j
. - j
. - j

if it a 7,jumpers in 3 and 4 your boiler is set up as a he 24

make sure the jumpers are fully pushed in

if it a 7,jumpers in 3 and 4 your boiler is set up as a he 24

make sure the jumpers are fully pushed in

Ok, so he has put the jumpers in the wrong place ?

I have an HE 15, so are you saying he has set the jumpers up for an HE24 ?

So from the diagram I posted above, should the jumpers read from the bottom 1,2....5. and he has put them in 3,4 and 5 instead of 1,2 and 3 ?

try swapping them you need 0 then 1 to flash when boiler switches off/on,give it a try

try swapping them you need 0 then 1 to flash when boiler switches off/on,give it a try

eh ! That flash's up 2 then 8 ?

Right, lets do it the visual way !

I have a Ideal ICOS HE15

Below, is the current setting on my Orange PCB which when first switched on, shows 0 then 7.

he15.jpg

as long as they are in 1,2 and 3 it should be 0 1 then c for ignition

as long as they are in 1,2 and 3 it should be 0 1 then c for ignition

If I knew which was 1,2 and 3 I might be able to get the magic 0 and 1.

In the meantime the combination in the above picture gives me 0, then 7.

If I put the jumpers in the bottom three , I get 2 then 8.

Other combinations give me 1 then 3, 1 then 6, 2 then 4 .......everything but 0 then 1 .

Bring back the log fire :cry:

The install sheet that comes with the orang PCB would be like a bible to god at the moment.

I've got one in the van. I'll scan it and convert to PDF and e-mail you a copy if you PM me your e-mail address.

Mike

Turn the pic 90d anti clockwise and jumper 5 is the far right, so it looks as if you have them in 1, 2 & 3, but maybe it's my old eyes, but something does not look quite right with them :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back