Ideal icos HE15 problem / service question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with our Ideal icos HE15, after a week of trying things and reading other people's posts I haven't got anywhere, so maybe someone can help...

The boiler turns on, but displays "0" and doesn't seem to light (the LED never comes on), and the "c" never lights up anymore. There is no hot water and no heating.

I have checked:
- There is demand for HW
- There is power to the PCB
- PCB: Fuse is ok and the jumper appears to be in the right place (boiler displays 0 then 1 when turned on)
- PCB: All connections are in ok
- Condensate trap: Have cleaned and refitted it
- Fan: Turns freely

I don't get an error message, but if I hold down reset while turning on I get H 5.

Another question, the section in the manual to be filled in by the installer has not been, and it has not been serviced since installation (around 3 years). Since we are selling the house, should I have it serviced?

Any help appreciated! Thanks,
Stu

Sponsored Links
all gas appliances should get serviced once year but often don`t
not sure what h5 is on ideal icos

when you turn on you should get a boiler specific number breifly to confirm the jumpers are in the correct position look in the PCB instruction leaflet for the correct code. then goes to O

H5 usually means that the boiler is looking for the hot water circuit which obviously you don't have on a heat only boiler.

i would expect it to be a failed PCB on this ****ebox boiler they are amongst the worst boilers ever made along with all other Ideal junk and potterton Suprima's they go through PCB's at a fantastic rate!

thanks for the quick replies!

Unfortunately I don't have the PCB leaflet which would be good to tell me what code I'm looking for, and what the position of the jumpers should be... Someone had one in this post, does anyone have one now?

I was beginning to think it was likely to be PCB, but not sure whether to just replace it myself or pay to have it done and serviced - is it normal to service the boiler before selling house?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you should turn boiler off/on
you wil get 0.1 or 1 depending on number in user control
if you get h5 the jumper pins need checking
0.1 pins should be in 2
1 pins should be in 1,2,3
if the boiler stays on 0 after this you need to check you external controls

you should turn boiler off/on
you wil get 0.1 or 1 depending on number in user control
if you get h5 the jumper pins need checking
0.1 pins should be in 2
1 pins should be in 1,2,3
if the boiler stays on 0 after this you need to check you external controls

the code for HE15 if its an old pcb / control panel not V9
is 0.2
the pins to be paired with a jumper is pair 2 on main PCB

The PCB is in an orange housing, which I think means it's V9?? (May be wrong), so it sounds like the jumper should be over pair 2. It is, and I only get the H5 when I hold reset while turning on/off, so maybe this is not the error.

If I'm just getting "0" on the display and it doesn't appear to light, does that suggest broken PCB?

Or something else - the spark plug thingy?

NO! for V9 board you need 123 all paired this is why its not working!
and on the back off the control display panel the 1 pins should be linked

Ok thanks, maybe it's not a V9 board then as there is only one jumper in there and it has previously worked ok. could it be orange and not a V9?

Am I best off to replace whatever it is with a new V9 board?

Cheers

Ok thanks Kevin, so to clarify - is this what I want to see when I look at the pins?

And this should give me "0" then "1" when I turn it on, then hopefully light?

cheers

GALLERY]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back