Ideal Icos HE15 H:A Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post and if anyone can help would really appreciate it.

My house has been empty for about a month, went in today to find a H:A error on my boiler, checked the Ideal website and found that there was no pressure in the system which i then charged, bled all the radiators and checked that all TRVs were fully on but the code still exists, tried all the usual on and off stuff, neither the heating or hot water are working.

Thaks for looking any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
After you bled the rads did you refill to 1.5bar cold? If nothing else then the o/heat stat needs checking which means combustion cover opening. :rolleyes:

Are you sure its HA and not H4 (H4 is flue thermistor error)

Its definetly a HA error, and i did re-fill to 1.5 bar, how do i check the "o/heat stat"

thanks for replying so promptly

Sponsored Links
When you press reset with appliance on what does it do?

Regard the o/heat to check for continuity/voltage to and from the stat, i doubt you have the means to do so and if you remove the combustion cover you could make the appliance dangerous ;). Ring Ideal or other rep firm to take this heap on.

Im calling the guy that installed it tomorrow, it doesnt do anything when i push reset

ive just taken the stat of cleaned and replaced its cleared the fault and seems to operating as it should be not lighting the gas when i put the hw/ch on even though c is displayed in the window

When was it last serviced? Check the condensate trap and clean it, as well as the sump whilst the trap is off.

Please try this as this is a common fault on the icos and isar if they have sat static,
Take off the silver pump screw head and then turn the screw inside pump anti clockwise several times until it feels free, hey presto it works again.

Both faults HA and LA are overheat faults and 9 out of ten times it is due to the pump sticking.

In the MI's there is no HA fault :?:

No its not in there as you state but living in hull i come across Ideal Pooh all the time, if you call their technical the first thing they will tell you before they will send out one of there own is to rotate the pump on either the Isar or Icos if it has been sat static for a while.
The will also confirm that teh HA/LA or H9/L9 faults are overheat problems again usually down to the pump.

Just want to thank 'notgoodatfaultfinding' - who effectively helped us fix our central heating issues!!!

Hope the following information might help someone else:

We tried to turn our Ideal Icos HE15 on after months of not using it.

At first the boiler would start up and only stay on for about 1 minute, then it would 'power down' and the burner light was flashing - with 'c' constantly on display.

Checked the pressure of the system and it was below 1 bar - so filled the system and bled all radiators. With pressure at 1 bar - tried the boiler again. This time it started, but after a minute it would stop and the error code HA was displayed.

After lots of reading - the HA code does not react to the 'reset' button - you must manually turn off the boiler and turn it on again to act as a reset.

After lots and lots of reading - found this forum, followed the advice from the member 'notgoodatfaultfinding' (who obviously is very good at fault finding) - we rotated the pump (which can probably be found in your airing cupboard), and 2 minutes later, we're now sat in a nice warm house with the central heating working... for now!

Thanks again people! - Lesson learnt, will 'test' central heating every now and again in summer months to keep things in working order.

Hi sorry to hijack this post. I have a h:a error on my ideal isar he24 boiler. Can anyone advise me on how to solve it? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Hh x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back