Ideal Icos HE24 and fully pumped system..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me out with this....
I am not (As you will read from my previous posts) that clued up on the ins and outs of central heating systems, but I have been given the option of installing a new boiler into a property, they have chosen an Ideal Icos HE24 and this is where my problems start... :confused:
They have a system that is gravity DHW and pumped CH. Do I have to change this system over to a fully pumped system before I can install the new boiler. If the answer is yes, then can you direct me via a link to a good explanation as to how I go about this. It is a job for a friend so the fact that I will have to refer to a "How to" guide will not be a problem for him. I just want to get it all right. One final question... If it is a case of changing to a fully pumped system does this mean that the big DHW pipework has to be changed completely or can it still work on big bore pipework?
Many Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link Kev.. I will have a read up on it and then bombard you with any questions... Cheers Mate.

Use the old circs as the flow and return to the cylinder cupboard using reducers at boiler and airing cupboard to desired pipe size, then fit the mot valve/s and pump in the airing cupboard, then tap into the heating circuit from the airing cupboard at a convenient place, if you fit the programmer and wiring center in the airing cupboard and use a wireless RF room stat this will save a lot of long wiring runs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Perdantic.. I will think this through and then pick your brains a little later about the stuff I don't understand.
Cheers gents

Assuming you are CORGI registered then you should have been on an energy efficiency course and know that all replacement boilers have to be condensing and the systems converted to fully pumped.

There are probably still some subsidised purchase schemes running like the A1 which reduce the price of boilers and give a two year guarantee.

Tony

MOD

you keep putting it in i will keep taking it out

Be sure when you do it to flush and clean the system properly, recomend powerflushing if its an old gravity system to start with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back