Ideal Icos HE24 Boiler Fault Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you gents were familar with the Fault code system of a Ideal Icos HE24 Boiler.

I have recently refitted my Downstairs WC and Basin, since doing so have had a problem with my central heating system, the Hot water nor Heating wouldnt work.

ive bled the radiators. and have been able to restore heating functions , however everytime the boiler calls for hot water a fault code is displayed on the boiler , reading H A flashing , the user guide suggests to "Check if ALL radiators have a thermostatic radiator valves fitted. if they have contact your installer" this advice can be found under Troubleshooting - Typical Non product Faults, hence be thinking its something or nothing ive over looked, because all the rads have thermostats.

Any advice would be welcome

Sponsored Links
H:A is a more serious version of the L:A code. This points to the boiler over heating.

I can only suggest that there may be an air lock in the boiler circuit, the diverter valve has stuck on ch, or maybe the pump is air locked/stuck.

what happens when u reset the boiler ?does it fire for a while or not at all

First of all id like to thank you gents for your interest both me and the missus are greatful, really could do with a hot bath soon

The reset on the boiler has been press (completely in) but still the problem occurs.

The sequece of events are constant and are as follows :

The boiler will be active when there is a call for hot water and central heating, however if the demand is removed for the central heating , and only hot water is being called for, the pump seems to be working alot harder , and after 1-2 mins the boiler will cut out and display the Fault Code as described in my previous post.

Which leads me to believe that Gas4you seems to have hit the nail on the nail with regards to a air block in either the pump or boiler..... first indications would suggest the pump due to the rather loud opperating noise, that increased when only hot water is called for.

My next question would be ...how to i remove a air block/unstick in my pump ?

The pump is a Terrier circulating pump - model TC6

Followed by :

How do i check if the Diverter Valve has stuck on CH (which is the diverter Valve - one of the two motorised valves situated in near the MEGAflo cylinder?)

If this doesn't sort the problem do you have any other suggestions other than call a plumber ?

Thanks again for your advice so far

Sponsored Links
sounds as if the coil in the tank or nearby pipes full of air.you will have a valve near the tank this will have a small lever on the side try moving this from one side to the other and see if you can hear air moving.try putting it on hot water only turn off gas and leave running for a few hours pump might just lift it to the vent . but before u do anything check boiler and airing cupboard for air vents !! small brass caps u can turn with your finger open slightly and see if any air is there

Not solving your problem, but an H code can only be reset by powering off the boiler completely.

The reset button on the front only resets an 'L' code.

Have you an air vent beside the hot water cylinder?

Did you set any zone valves to manually open when you re-filled the system?

Defo a circulation problem causing overheat not a boiler fault.

Boiler stopped running and replaced Printed Circuit Board PCB; cost of board £265 pluss 2 call outs £409 incl VAT; ran for 18 hours and then packed up again showing Fault code H4; code not in engineers book; turned out to be the jumpers on the circuit board one of them was not quite in right and had come loose in the pcb; essentially thes are bits of wire that go between terminals and positions depend on type and use of boiler 1,2 & 4 were positions for mine; engineer replaced and all ok now.

There is load of stuff on theses boilers on the internett; we have had sensors, pcb, igniter, and conbustion chamber linings replaced all in 2 years on a 3 year old boiler; our engineer advises this is the most popular boiler he is called out to in new builds as they are so cheap and manufacturer makes money back on spares; built in obscelesence?? oh what a world we live in; don't know why the NHBC let people do this?

Could have got Ideal out to do it for £220 fixed price repair :rolleyes:

Sure it wasn't H5? This is the normal code for the pcb not recognising what boiler it is in because of jumpers loose or incorrectly fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back