Ideal icos :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I wonder I'd you can help does anyone have any idea what the fault codes H & F mean on this boiler ? Thought it might be frozen condense but it runs internally to sink waste...
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
are you sure its hf and not LF? My non-combi has flashed LF a couple of times on 1st start up in the morning (don't have it on at night) and after a couple of resets it kicks into life.

LF is no gas or frozen/blocked condensate according to my book otherwise I don't know.

Sponsored Links
Heat exchanger fxxxxd! Once had this fault and the heat exchanger had pinholed. Hope it isn't that for your sake.

Hi Tarby,

According to the installation manual it means Flame Detection - Short Circuit Error. The rudimentary flow chart analysis suggests measuring the resistance across the detection electrode, if there's continuity the electrode needs replacing, if not it's the PCB.

Mathew

The most likely cause of a HF code is a problem with the detection electrode and or the detection lead.

'HF.' is another code that can occur. The DOT is significant. 'HF.' means that a flame has been sensed when the gas valve is closed which means you may have a fualty gas valve that is 'letting by'.

It is possible as one of ythe other replies suggests that the main heat exchanger could be pinholed and is squirting water onto the probe. This IMO is very unlikely but you must not rule it out.

You will need to call a RGI to repair these potential fualts.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back