IDEAL ISAR BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help- my Ideal Isar boiler seems to have an 'air starvation' problem. The boiler fires and runs perfectly with the cover off but as soon as the covers is back on the boiler cuts out (about 10 mins). The Demand symbols shows in the dispaly - can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Next time you go messing about with boiler covers have the decency to tell everyone else in the property.

So did you do a case seal check when you put the cover back on??

Sounds like a problem with the flue,ive found this several times on new installs,the Installers have been adamant that its the boilers fault,until i show them it works ok with the cover off.
Check the flue.its possible an inner joint has come adrift and is allowing POCs to return with the combustion air,or the outer flue has got an obstruction.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a problem with the flue,ive found this several times on new installs,the Installers have been adamant that its the boilers fault,until i show them it works ok with the cover off.
Check the flue.its possible an inner joint has come adrift and is allowing POCs to return with the combustion air,or the outer flue has got an obstruction.

Thank you - I will get the plumber to check this today> He is not familiar with this type of boiler (M30100) and is not getting much assistance from Ideal (I believe). Will report back if the problem persists.

PS: Case seal check was done (as 'gasright' asked)!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back