Ideal ISAR combi HE24 problems

I'm sorry gasman mate, but I got confused when you mentioned "HE" in post 7 rather than "plate HE". My apologies and i really do appreciate what your advicing me mate.

Thank u

Sponsored Links
The plate heat exchanger is relatively easy to do,but ive done a few hundred,if you get it wrong you can easily flood the pcb,and other electrics and wiring,leading to an even bigger disaster/bill,remove it all first, or get a pro in.

Guess wot guys!

I've managed 2 take off the Plate HE! :eek: Boy oh boy that was not easy as i decided not to take the risk and shut off all electricity, gas and water. Anyway the plate is like a rectangle shaped tin with some arrow shaped designs and with 4 round holes (approx 1cm in size). Inside these holes, I can see some sort of plates...a bit like a hard disk platter.

Okay i need to get this boiler back to working by tonight as there is no water, electric or gas, so if someone can kindly describe exactly how i can clean this thing than I'd be most grateful. Do i simply dip it in hot water? Do i use any sort of detergent or fairly liquid?

thanks very much!

Unless you have a Sonic cleanser you need to replace the plate as trying to conventionally clean it disnae work unfortunately

Sponsored Links
thank you for letting me know shambolic.

Since i didn't have any sonic or other cleaning agent, i used warm water and left it to soak for a couple of hours last night. I then tapped it, although nothing came out. I also used a hosepipe to test if the water comes out from each hole without any problem and to be honest other than a small amount of dirty water, no dirt or debris came out at all.

I have now reassembled everything and the boiler DHW temp setting is on max. The water does now come out slightly more warmer and although the water does cool down within less than 30 secs, if i wait then eventually it starts becoming pretty hot and will stay hot. The burner light stays on constantly too.

Now here are two problems:-

1. The hot water is not so hot that i would burn my hands.
2. The boiler burn seems to take quite a while to kick in.

I might be wrong but doesn't this sound like a faulty/dirty sensor? i.e. a sensor which has become faulty and is thinking that the temp is high enough when in reality its not?? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back