Intermittent hot water problem with Ideal Isar HE24

From cold, turn on hot water, feel 22 mm copper pipe (left hand one) if this starts getting hot your diverter valve is sticking. Could be the valve or actuator head.

I turned on the hot tap and filled up the kitchen sink. This pipe ('CH Flow' on Page 6 of http://www.idealboilers.com/docs/pdf/isar_he_manual.pdf) did NOT get hot or even start warming up.

What does this suggest? Is there anything else that I can check?

Sponsored Links
From cold, turn on hot water, feel 22 mm copper pipe (left hand one) if this starts getting hot your diverter valve is sticking. Could be the valve or actuator head.

I turned on the hot tap and filled up the kitchen sink. This pipe ('CH Flow' on Page 6 of http://www.idealboilers.com/docs/pdf/isar_he_manual.pdf) did NOT get hot or even start warming up.

What does this suggest? Is there anything else that I can check?

Anyone....?

Hi this is my first posting. I went to an isar about 8mth ago with same problem water temp would only reach 34c. I removed the plate heat exchanger added some kettle descaler then jet washed it out, when assembled water temp up to 50c.

COULD BE THE IGNITION ELECTRODE
THE "PRONGS "TEND TO BEND OUT OF SPARK RANGE WHEN HOT AND GRADUALLY DONT RETURN TO ORIGINAL POSITION AFTER TIME HENCE NO IGNITION

Sponsored Links
I have had nearly every part on my boiler replaced for this issue. Plumbers have been to my house twice in 2 days and still have not fixed it. This has been an ongoing issue since 2009, now plumber tells me it is the pressure vessel that has gone and it is leaking water down the wall outside. they intend to replace this part on monday, do you peeps think that it will work because i have had enough and want to smash the thing to bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back