Ideal ISAR HE 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Day,

Some advice please; This boiler is nearly 6 years old and has, up until now, been adequate for CH and DHW. A month ago the water was not getting very hot and so I called an engineer in.

The engineer changed the diverting valve, the actuator and the two control thermisters.

My DHW remains warmish for about twenty seconds before running luke warm and back to warmish....

The engineer now wants to replace the PCB.

The LED indicates no error whatsoever.

Any adivice as to the problem would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
My first thoughts are not the pcb, but has the plate heat exchanger been checked? These boilers are renowned for plate heat exchanger problems.
It does sound that your "engineer" is a parts chucker.

I should quantify that by saying all plate heat exchangers from all manufacturers suffer from dirty systems. Is that ok for you? I think you knew what I meant.

Sponsored Links
It was not a dig at Ideal. I have no problems with their boilers and have never slagged them off in any of my posts.No offence intended.:cool:

My first thoughts are not the pcb, but has the plate heat exchanger been checked? These boilers are renowned for plate heat exchanger problems.

The boiler certainly worked for three or four days following his visit but then returned to its "problematic ways". I shall let you know what happens....

The boiler certainly worked for three or four days following his visit but then returned to its "problematic ways". I shall let you know what happens....

Yesterday I took the plate heat exchanger out, poured kettle descaler into both compartments, let it stand for an hour and after I had washed it out, I refitted the plate.

The DHW is scathing hot; it is the first time in may years that I have had to add cold water to my shower!!

Thanks for the advice; your diagnostics were spot-on!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back