Ideal ISAR HE24 boiler issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our almost 3 weeks old boiler is having problems.

Looking in the postings in here, I guess I wasn't alone...

We did not have any choice of what type of boiler was going to be installed until it got installed and that's where I got the make/model name to research. And I came across this message board. Oh well. :)

Anyway, here's a short 30 seconds clip of the video to show you the problem... make sure you have the volume on as you need to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9CAoYhM5xc

I've had someone to see this and he thinks it's to do with a faulty onboard computer. But I thought I'd ask here and see what you think.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
was the installer corgi
did he commission the boiler and fill in the benchmark
and get him back to sort it out

Although it is not that clear, it sounds to me like a weak gas/air mixture.

As there is nothing to set up on these boilers your installer needs to check the working pressure at the gas meter is correct.

I also hope that he has run the gas pipe in 22mm previous to what we can see.

If you put in a warranty call to Ideal they MAY charge you if it is not a boiler fault, so it is best to get your installer back TODAY.

Sponsored Links
Although it is not that clear, it sounds to me like a weak gas/air mixture.

My camera sucks and didn't pick up the actual noise - it was VERY noisy... it rumbled and vibrated loudly.

I also hope that he has run the gas pipe in 22mm previous to what we can see.

Yep, it got upgraded to 22mm gas pipe.

If you put in a warranty call to Ideal they MAY charge you if it is not a boiler fault, so it is best to get your installer back TODAY.

We had the installer to check it over yesterday and scheduled for repair in Jan 2nd. Interesting to see that you think it's to do with weak gas/air mixture when he said it's to do with the onboard computer.

Still, it's getting replaced so hopefully the replacement will be better.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Can't see how the pcb can make it noisey :confused:

This at fault would usually just kill the boiler.

Who can't come out till 2nd? Ideal or him?

If it is him, then call Ideal your self, quote boiler serial number and get a warranty call booked now :eek:

He was saying that the "computer" was not setting up the system correctly or something like that.

We have 1 (or 2) year(s) support with the installer, which is why we asked them at the first place.

Who can't come out till 2nd? Ideal or him?

The installer.

I didn't think about calling Ideal, because from what I read here, they charge for any call outs, so this is something that we do not want to do considering it's only less than 3 weeks old.

All Ideal Isars come with at least 15 months warranty from them, 2 years if fitted on a 'green' scheme.

I would come round the same day/evening to a customer that had a fault with such a new boiler I had fitted, however busy I was :eek:

I don't believe his explanation personally, but then you learn something new everday. This was certainly never mentioned on my Ideal factory training day.

If the gas pressure isn't there the boiler can't invent it :rolleyes:

You could call NG out FOC on 0800 111 999 saying you think you have a pressure problem. They will come out and check the meter and govenor within 2 hours of your call.

If this proved ok then call Ideal yourself.

Didn't realise you're from Norwich... the company that fitted it is Heatrite which I am sure you have heard of this company.

I could try contacting British Gas and have them to check the pressure, but with being Xmas, we're short of time!

Will look over the opitions from the message posts here and go from there... thanks for your help.

Didn't realise you're from Norwich... the company that fitted it is Heatrite which I am sure you have heard of this company.

I could try contacting British Gas and have them to check the pressure, but with being Xmas, we're short of time!

Will look over the opitions from the message posts here and go from there... thanks for your help.

Say no more then :rolleyes:

Call Ideal, Can't see them charging YOU for a call so near installation.

Last boiler I had doing this, it was a gas pipe clogged up. Took 2 hrs to clear it. Don't know what Ideal would say about that but I don't think they'd clear it of charge.

Not too much, but fitting an Ideal and jan 2nd says it all :eek:

Local NG boys are a really good bunch around here they will soon come out and check your working pressure ;)

I spoken to the missus (who has been doing the phone calls) and it turned out that it was Ideal who is coming to see this issue on 2nd Jan and not the installer.

So, I guess there's not much I can do apart from waiting... :(

I disagree.

Get the missus to 'phone Heatrite and get them to contact the Ideal rep, Paul Graves, get them to put pressure on him to pull a few strings at service and bring the visit forward.

It always used to work for me and still does, even though I won't fit their boilers anymore (don't think he realises that yet :eek: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back