Ideal Isar He24 installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya All. Hope you can help.

I've just had an Ideal HE24 boiler installed. Is it me or are they noisy. I did have an Old Gloworm traditional boiler before and this was a lot quieter even though it was about 20 years old.
Also, it seems to be firing up all the time, even when the water and central heating dials are set to minimum. Preheat for dhw seems to come on quite regularly.

One last thing which is why i am really here - The hot water runs and gets hot for about a minute, but then temperature drops back to lukewarm and it then takes the boiler a few minutes to kick back in again. Does anyone know what might cause this.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Sorry confusing matters with all the questions. When trying the hot water, i made sure the dial for dhw was set to Max.

Its the way the combi boiler works.... takes a few moments for the boiler to sense a tap running then fire thus a load of cold water has passed through the boiler.

you will alawys get cold hot cold hot hot hot..... on most combi's.

As for your preheat...have you got any dripping taps?? this will cool the boiler down.

And yes they a louder than the old boilers but cost 50% less to run!

Sponsored Links
Also,turn the hot tap down a bit when you run a bath. Don't run the tap full flow otherwise you will only get lukewarm water.

Your installer should have told you all of this :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back