Ideal Isar HE30 Combi Boiler - Replace Diverter Valve Head ?

Dont trust the pressure gauge saying zero if it's stuck. I'm sporting a beautiful bruise on me chest for bein cocky with one. :rolleyes: Cracked it open with bucket to catch the what I thought would be the dregs an bosh. Shaking, wet and slightly bemused engineer :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wha he said. It will be plastic diverter cartridge ideal part number 174200. 10 min job to change

You must be a very quick worker!

The last one I changed was on a Biasi Aquapiu although the same part.

Whilst it would rotate, with difficulty, it would not pull out. I had to resort to carefully breaking it up in situ whilst preventing the bits droping inside the boiler.

Took me most of 30 min!
Shut off isolating valves put hose on drain valve and as it's draining remove pcb and valve head unscrew using key, screw new one back in and put boiler back together then refill.
Great wee job to do :D

Ive just done this job and now its stuck on "D".... The water is red hot but the central heating isn't warming up?????

When you turn the boiler off and back on you can see the motor operating the valve and "c" is displayed for a split second then it moves back to "D"?

bled the radiators and still nothing?

HELP!

Sponsored Links
I didn't realise i could get it on wrong? could i have put it in upside down?

I have now turned off the cold water in and its now working as it should but now stays on "C" when the controller is turned off. I turned the thermostat off (even thought the it should be off anyway) and it went to "0" as it should for a minute then went back to demand????

Could it be the timer?

old post hijacked

best to start a new post and not tag on to an old one. Gets confusing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back