Ideal Isar HE30 EH Error / PCB replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've moved into a house in March and it has an Ideal Isar HE30 combi boiler installed which has been working perfectly up until now. However, last weekend, the hot water cut out and E...H... was flashing on the diplay. So I followed the flow chart in the manual and reset it, then turned it off and on again. This would temporarily rectify the problem...for about 10 minutes it would function and I would have hot water...then the error would return and the hot water cut out again!! I ordered the new upgraded PCB unit from ebay only to find that as soon as it arrived...the boiler starts functioning perfectly well again!! I didn't even replace the PCB...No more problems at all for 3 days now!! Talk about sods law!!! I think the mere presence of the orange PCB part intimidated it into working again!!

Please can anyone give me an idea why I may have experienced these intermittent problems? could it be a loose connection?

I don't know whether to upgade with the new orange PCB unit or just send it back. I'd be really grateful for some advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All I can suggest is to check that the pcb jumpers are fitted tightly top right of the pcb :confused:

get a professional in you shouldn't be playing about with boilers-they are not toys ffs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back