Ideal Isar HE30 not heating water sufficiently.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

2 years ago Warmfront installed an Ideal HE30. It looks like i've been lucky as from what i've read today these are a real pile of tripe.

The boiler currently heats the CH fine, but when it comes to the hot water its starts relativley hot but then within 30 - 60 seconds it's only luke warm. Can anyone advise on what the issue may be with the boiler and how much this repair would cost?

Many Thanks
Leigh

Sponsored Links
Possibly the plate HE blocked, which would be caused by a poor installation rather than a poor boiler in this case.

Warmfront + Ideal = not much hope for the customer :rolleyes: :cry:

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Is the Plate HE, the same as the primary heat exchanger?

I think this may be the cause after a light read of threads returned by google. I did try and sort a rad that wasn't getting hot by balancing them. Do you think this would have blown some crap out and ended up blocking the HE? even though all rads bar one still work perfectly?

Is it a simple job to flush the HE? and would someone with average DIY be able to do this?

Sponsored Links
Plate HE is the secondary HE.

Not too bad a job if you are used to these boilers and their limited working space to remove it. You would be advised to get 4 new rubber seals if you chose to remove it.

Personally I would recommend getting someone in to do it.

Could be an issue with diverter valve passing water on ch . to check simply open a hot water outlet and touch the heating return and flow pipes ( the 2 outer pipes ) beneath the boiler if they start getting warm you will need a new cartridge . simple job for a good RGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back