Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have kept this piece of rubbish going for quite a long time and I don't like the idea of getting defeated by it! Every year there is something new to tackle and replace. I will eventually replace it for a real one!
I have now got a problem that I can't work out and was wondering if some one could help me. On startup after only a few seconds it goes into a clunk and click cycle from the lower end by the circuit board. A relay starts to click on and of inside the pcb and makes the click sound. The gas does not fire as it never gets that far. The pressure gauge fluctuates during this cycling showing the pump is stating and stopping, and the noise will continue until I shut it down. I changed the pcb to a spare one (always handy to have one for this boiler) and it fired up aok, I got heating and had half a shower before it started again. I have attached a video link to youtube of the problem. Has any one any idea of the cause and how to rectify it?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Gasplumber,
Thanks for that. I should have said in the post that I had tried that and also replaced it as well to no avail. :)

Sponsored Links
It is working again now! I don't know why, but i am thankful. It probably won't be long before it packs in again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back