IDEAL ISAR HE35 PCB!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PCB Problem on Ideal ISAR HE35, 2years old, worked purfict so far. Customer claims wiff of burning previous week then boiler stops alltogether.
PCB (black case), slightly melted. Opened the box for a peep, transforner is chared, prinary circuit.
Replaced PCB with new orange cased one. Pump turns on but nothing els. :( not even any codes or neon.
Manual does not cover this.
Ideal suggested a few continuity checks, boiler passed ok. Still dead though.
Ideal claim to bo open on Sunday on website, but office not open on sunday.
Is it me??

power getting to pcb ok.
Had fan out, appears like new, coil reads 11ohms assume its ok.
all therostats measure ok
pump is workig ok.
Honywell diverter measures 7.5Kohm and valve is free.
Gas valve measures 4Kohm, assume is ok.
Condensate trap is clear.
Gas and water pressure are ok.
Conections to pcb are clean secure and buzz out ok.
No water leaks.

any suggestions what to check next
can any part be faulty and have blown new pcb
:cry:

Sponsored Links
Have you set the supplied jumpers to the correct pins?

The pcb is the same for all models and is told by jumpers which model it is fitted 2.

Have plugged the correct terminal block into top front left side, blue/black, as this can fit in bottom back slot as well!

As yet I've never been supplied with the new orange pcb for an older boiler. Don'y know if this is just coincidence or they are different.

Can't remember if display should come up with 7 when first switched on for an HE35.

Plumbcentre (Partscentre) supplied part, claimed black one 173 534 superseeded by orange one 174 486. :confused:

Instructions for jumper pins easy if control panel looks like diagram. This one didnt. Number on top line of label has different layout, but it ended in a 2 so went for jumpers on pins 2&3 first. when this didnt work tried on pins 2&5 (as originally on black pcb & advised by ideal Help? line). hope this didnt cook it. :confused:

Had read on here about the plug next to fuse can be misplaced so was dead careful to get in right. You would have to stretch the wires to get it wrong.

Going to swap the pbc again if parts center will swap it. And try the help? line again (they sound very assertive, must be all the earbashing they get)

i'm aslo going to do a dance for the boiler gods, naked except high vis vest and steel toecaps, H&S must be adhered to. :LOL:

Thanks for the help :D

anybody have experience of using reconditioned pbc's as sold by "compumerv" on ebay for £45+P&P kERCHING :evil:

Sponsored Links
anybody have experience of using reconditioned pbc's as sold by "compumerv" on ebay for £45+P&P kERCHING :evil:

Dont forget you only get what you pay for.

Try calling ideal and shouting a lot, seems to work well

:)

Partscenter swaped PCB. Suspect it had been used before, the packet for jumpers was open, and had biro pen doodles on it.

Fitted it and absolutly nothing, not even the pump goes on this time.
tempoary terrets :mad: set in.

Any other suggestions? before I ??

I thought jumpers were 3 and 5 for the isar :?: , what is the serial number on the boiler there are about 5 different pcb kits for them.

I have found it easy to get the wiring block wrong in the past :oops:

It should be the blue /brown next to the fuse.

Each Isar has its own jumper setting as far as I'm aware, this is how they get the different number on the display upon switch on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back