idea isar he35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was trying to repair an idea isar he35. the problem the customer is having is when the hot water is running it make a whirring noise intermittently. i have done several test.

when c/h is on the flow got upto 65 degree hot
return got 52 degree hot.

gas rate was correct as per manufacturers

the system pressure was correct, and no air in system and the bypass was open.

gas valve white tube is not damage and the boiler is not leaking.

the ionisation probs are correct

flue gas analysis test is also correct.

inlet pressure at gas meter and boiler 21mbar.
standing pressure about 27 which are correct.

what i found strange is when the whirring noise accurs the inlet pressure on the boiler got as low as 16mbar, but on the gas meter it was 21mbar.

when the noise does not occur the inlet pressure is corect on the boiler.

the boiler is only about 2 yrs old and recently powerflush with a magna clean, the pump, divertor valve, thermisters were all replace recently. at first i assumed it could be a blockage but the reading am getting appears ok.

i have ordered a new gas valve because on the low inlet preesure when the whirring noise happends and new thermister. the only other thing it could be is a blockage in the plate to plate or the fan is damage.

Any ideas on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Better asking this in the CC mate, gas issues on open forum and all that

Sponsored Links
i fitted a new bath tap to a house that had just had a warmfront install one of these, customer complained of same problem and got warmfront back, they said it was new tap causing it (only when she had said she had one fitted)

i went back, proved it did it with sink tap too so walked away, warmfront came back and said the same think again. luckily i saved her old tap so refitted that and same fault occured.

walked away rather ****ed off, would be interested to know what this is.

definatly get into cc though

i have never walked away from a job, i will let you know what is it when i find the fault, i believe is a gas mixer fault. most likely fan or gas valve, maybe even the plate to plate

what i found strange is when the whirring noise accurs the inlet pressure on the boiler got as low as 16mbar, but on the gas meter it was 21mbar.

Investigate that before blaming the boiler :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back