Ideal Isar PCB's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Have any of you guys/girls had bother with the main pcb's on Ideal Isar HE30's ? In the past 7 days i have replaced 5 in different properties - in different areas/towns, all just approx 2-2.5 yrs old and all with the exact same fault : no display, nowt working. There was mains voltage to the pcb and basically that was it ! A new pcb for each appliance cured the problem, there were no additional faults on completion.

In my opinion this is more than sheer concidience. Is there a known problem that causes these to fail ? Am i being paranoid or is this another suprima case waiting to happen ?

Your info as ever would be gratefuly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Its probably coincidence that you have been to so many in such a short time!

Its no coincidence that so many fail! Whilst more reliable than the first ones they still can fail at an early age.

I think, but do not have any evidence yet, that there is a protective over temp/current device in the supply to the PCB that fails.

To be sure I would need a few of the failed PCbs to dissect and do a postmortem on!

Tony Glazier

Yea mate, there def is a prob with those PCB's Failing Early, although quite commonly there is a small water leak in the boiler making its way down the wires to short out the PCB, but not always. (at least potterton fixed theres!)

Just coincidence that u got so many so quick, (unless theres a sabotouer!)

Have had a quiet month or 2 then 4 days in a row had suprima boards to change. Just how it goes lol

Totally unreliable boiler. Waitfor the diverter valves to go wrong, then gas valves, fans, and ultimately the heat exchangers.

This is the reason Ideal won't offer chargeable call outs for customers at present. They're too busy fixing them under warranty :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Fantastic, i look forward to replacing more then ! My gaffer is trying to save dough by passing some back to Ideal which are just out the guarantee period. Aparantly they give a 2yr warranty when fitted in a new build property which is handy to know.

Have seen the famous water leak a couple of times and failed div valves too but theyre a doddle to change anyways.

Cheers for the info, thats another boiler to add to the increasing "crap" list.

good fault happens on them
The internal combustion insulation falls across the burner melting a hole at the rear of the ali combustion chamber, this ruins the fan and pcb as the fan harness is burned through.
don't notice this then replace the fan pcb it happens agian
The replacment harness has been modified to withstand more heat but not that much.

another pcb i am replacing a lot now is the baxi pektron for solo he, 133 he combi etc,
most are 2-3 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back